Monday, November 28, 2011

Confidence in Christ

In order to have CONFIDENCE in Christ, we must first BELIEVE that Jesus Christ is our Lord and Savior and be willing to get off the throne and let Him be Lord of our life, which is the hard part, because most of us like to be in control.  

What’s it going to take for us to relinquish control of our lives to Him?  That’s a question to ponder; the answer is different for each one of us.  

I’ll never forget the day that I acknowledged my need for Christ; it was a monumental moment.  I fell to my knees and said, “Lord, I need you; I cannot make it through this day without you!  I need your strength Lord!”  

I was in my mid-twenties and even though I BELIEVED, I had not fully surrendered my life to Christ.  The Bible says that even the demons BELIEVE and shudder at the name of JESUS!  James 2:19

I believed, but I was living my life apart from God and apart from God, we are SINNERS.  In order to be SAVED, we must acknowledge & repent of our sins & confess that Jesus Christ is Lord.  Romans 10:9-10  

I invite you to pray this prayer with me.  Lord Jesus Christ, I believe that you took the pain of the cross to give me new life. I ask you to come into my life and to give me your peace and joy. I confess that I am a sinner -- that I have gone my own way and have done wrong. Please forgive me for my sins. I receive you now as my Lord and Savior. Please fill me with your Holy Spirit. Help me to follow you and to serve you all my life. Thank you, Lord Jesus.  Amen.

If you prayed that prayer, you are now a child of God. The things of your old life have passed away and He has made ALL things new.  2 Corinthians 5:17


From this point forward, stand upon His word and TRUST in Him!

In this world we will have trials and tribulations, but be of good cheer because Jesus has overcome the world!  John 16:33

In this life we do not fight against flesh and blood but against the principalities of the air.  Eph. 6:12  

Spiritual battles are REAL and they must be fought with a SPIRITUAL WEAPON, which is the Word of God, and that is WHY it is very important to read God’s word and KNOW what His promises are and then SPEAK His Word over your life daily!  

Following are a few of my favorites!

I am a CHILD of the most high God.  Psalm 82:6 
I am joint heirs with Christ.  Romans 8:16-17
I have access to the throne of God.  Romans 5:2, Hebrews 4:16
I am RIGHTEOUS in the eyes of God.  Romans 3:22
I am BLESSED coming and going.  Deuteronomy 28:6
I am the HEAD and not the tail.  Deuteronomy 28:13
I have AUTHORITY over the enemy in Jesus’ name.  Mark 16:17
I am more than a CONQUEROR through Christ Jesus.  Romans 8:37
I CAN do ALL things through Christ who strengthens me.  Philippians 4:13
I have OVERCOME by the Blood of the Lamb and the word of my Testimony!  Revelation 12:11

Amen & Amen!  (So be it!)  

Confidence in Christ comes from BELIEVING & TRUSTING in Him! 


No comments:

Post a Comment