Monday, January 23, 2012

Isn’t it about time we GET REAL?

“3” words that come to mind when I think about the upcoming Strive for Greatness Women of Purpose Conference…RAW, AUTHENTIC, examples of REAL-LIFE!   
 
Isn’t it about time we GET REAL? 
 
Why are we, especially Christians, so afraid to admit that our lives are NOT perfect?  Is it because we are “supposed” to be VICTORIOUS in Christ at all times therefore we don’t want to admit temporary feelings of defeat because it may make us look less spiritual? 
 
The fact of the matter is NO ONE’S life is trouble free!  Jesus said in John 16:33 …In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.”  Jesus didn’t say that we may have trouble, He said that we will have trouble, every single one of us, no one is exempt!  
 
I don’t care how strong one may seem or how perfect one’s life may look, reality is that each and every one of us have an enemy, his name is Satan and he wants to bring us down; THEREFORE we must be prepared for BATTLE! 
 
At the upcoming Strive for Greatness Women of Purpose Conference, our event speakers are going to share real-life stories of struggles and exactly HOW God EMPOWERS them daily to TRIUMPH over their challenges to lead FULFILLING lives!!!
 
Following is an example:
 
(Real-life Struggle)  As I think about HOW I’m going to do what the Lord has called me to do, the weight of responsibility becomes paralyzing. Feelings of inadequacy fill my mind.  I wonder if it was His voice that I heard; doubt creeps in.  “Lord, I don’t know if I can do this?” He says, “I AM with you.”  “Lord, I don’t know how I’m going to pull this off!”  “You’re not, I AM!”  His words give me the confidence to keep going. 
 
Has God ever prompted you to do something that in and of yourself seemed virtually impossible?  Have you ever experienced fear or doubt as you have stepped out in faith & obedience to Him?  I HAVE! 
 
What’s most important is that we recognize that we are fighting a spiritual battle.  God’s word says, For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms.  Ephesians 6:12 NIV
 
(HOW to TRIUMPH over our challenges to lead a FULFILLING life!)  Take heart; be BRAVE & COURAGEOUS in the Lord!  Speak God’s word over your life!  Claim VICTORY in the name of Jesus!
 
Satan is already a defeated enemy! His legal authority was neutralized by the finished work of Christ on the cross.  As a Believer YOU have Authority over Satan in the name of Jesus.
 
When engaged in a Spiritual battle, we must fight back using God’s WORD, just like Jesus did when he was tempted by Satan in the Wilderness!  Jesus WON the battle by speaking His Father’s word to Satan!  “It is written…”  Matthew 4:1-11
 
(Sample prayer filled with God’s word)  “Satan, I take authority over you in the name of Jesus!  I apply the blood of Jesus over my life and where the blood of Jesus has been applied, Satan, you must pass by!  Lord, your word says that YOU will never leave me nor forsake me, I thank you that I am NOT alone and that you are with me ALWAYS!  Lord, I thank you for your FAITHFULNESS.  I thank you that you have gone before me and prepared the way!  I am confident in you, Lord.  I speak BLESSINGS into my life; I am the head and not the tail, I am blessed coming and going.  I claim it right now in your precious Holy name!  Thank you, Jesus!”  
 
Friend, I encourage you to take heart; be BRAVE & COURAGEOUS in the Lord!  YOU can do all things through Christ who strengthens you!  (Phil. 4:13)  YOU are more than a conqueror through Christ Jesus!  (Romans 8:37)  YOU are VICTORIOUS! 
 
But thanks be to God! He gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.  1 Corinthians 15:57
 
Now take that, Devil!  Ha!  Stomp, Stomp, Stomp!  YES!  We have overcome by the blood of the Lamb and by the word of our testimonies!  (Revelation 12:11)  Praise God!  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment