Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Are you at peace? If not, the Lord is likely trying to tell you something!

How do we know if we’re in OR out of the will of God?  One clear determining factor is whether or not we have PEACE in our lives; I’m talking about the kind of PEACE that surpasses ALL understanding.  (Philippians 4:7)  We may be faced with many challenges, but we are still at peace because we’re exactly where we’re supposed to be.  

Are you at peace?  If not, the Lord is likely trying to tell you something!  It may very well be time to make some changes in your life!  

I have found that Colossians 3:15-17 offers a practical outline for determining God's will. In these verses are found three elements. These elements, taken together and applied to our lives will direct us to God's desire for our lives. The three elements are: let the PEACE of Christ rule in your hearts, let the word of Christ richly dwell within you, and whatever you do, in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus.

For many years, I lacked peace in my life as a result of walking out of the will of God.  I was a Christian, I loved the Lord and I was mostly living my life for Him; HOWEVER there was one thing in my life that I had NOT fully surrendered to Him.  

The definition of surrender is to yield (something) to the possession or power of another, which requires total TRUST!  WOW!!!  

It wasn’t until this past October 16th, 2011 that I decided to fully surrender EVERY area of my life to the Lord, which required that I TRUST Him, not mostly, but completely!  Since that life-changing day I have been completely set free from the bondage that I was in, and I have peace in my life that truly surpasses ALL understanding.    

That day, the Lord revealed a portion of His plan for my life to me and I had a choice to make…YOU have a choice to make, either fully SURRENDER every area of your life to the Him OR continue hanging onto that one thing or those things that are holding you back and continue being miserable as a result of it!  

Friend, I urge you to TRUST Him with EVERY area of your life; it will be the best decision YOU have ever made!  I also urge you to do whatever it is that He’s calling YOU to do, whether it makes earthly sense or NOT, JUST DO IT, and if you’re not exactly sure what IT is, Be Still and KNOW that He is God, He will reveal His plan for your life to you, just be willing to listen and you will hear His voice!  (Psalm 46:10)

TRUST in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to him, and he will direct your paths.  Proverbs 3:5,6

Be set FREE today, my friend, choose to TRUST in Him, He’s got YOUR back!  (Isaiah 46:10)


Scripture References: 

Philippians 4:7 NIV And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

Colossians 3:15-17 NIV Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, since as members of one body you were called to peace. And be thankful.  Let the message of Christ dwell among you richly as you teach and admonish one another with all wisdom through psalms, hymns, and songs from the Spirit, singing to God with gratitude in your hearts.  And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him.

Psalm 46:10 Be still, and know that I am God.

Isaiah 41:10 NIV So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment